Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

First I would just like to say Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all my friends in bloggyville.
Our Christmas started off to a rocky start on Christmas eve day. We found out my mom was very sick and wasnt up to having us over that day or cooking turkey and having us over Christmas. It would be a quiet day with just me and my kids at home. At first I was sad but the boys took it really well.  My dad brought the presents over Christmas eve day and I gave him theirs.  I decided not to let this snag ruin our Christmas though. Christmas eve I let them open one present like I do every year. My oldest opened a video game and my youngest opened his bop it!


He got up to 48 last night. He loved it. Its great for co-ordination not to mention thinking on your feet.  My oldest son liked his video game to of coarse.  I prepared a breakfast casserole the night before and put it in the oven while we were opening the rest of our presents. I cant take all the credit, I got this idea from a friend.   My youngest got a nerf gun for Christmas and so I bought them 100 foamy darts for them and needless to say there are more than half missing lol.  They spend at least an hour running around the house playing nerf wars. They had a blast but my oldest got overstimulated and almost went into meltdown so I had to get both of them to calm down and do something relaxing for a while.  They spent the rest of the day playing with their presents and we watched The good luck Charlie Christmas special together.   Because I didnt expect to be home for Christmas we didnt have a turkey but we had restaurant style nachos which we all love. So although it was different it was still fun.

No comments: