Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Normal is just a setting on your dryer!

Parenting with Aspergers
http://parentingwithaspergers.blogspot.com/2012/03/weird-is-new-normal.html
has a son who had to go to a new middle school and was nervous about being called weird because he has been bullied b4. Lets show him some support and show him that weird is the knew normal.
First I'm going to tell u a story from high school. A guy in class asked me "Are you normal?" so I said "define normal".  He couldn't so he asked our English literature teacher.  The teacher said" anything that is not weird or off the wall is normal.  Someone having a shower in their clothes is weird."  Well that sounds more like a definition of weird to me so as far as I'm concerned weird vs normal is all a matter of perspective.

I'm weird too! I wore dress pants to school growing up and didn't realize how different it was till I went to a new school even though no one else dressed like that.  I was always quiet and shy in high school. I once stared at a guy I liked in science class across the room for a whole hour and made him blush.  I have been known to splash in the kiddies pool we had up till a couple years ago and jump up and down and yell right along with my kids. I used to sing walking down the street but had to stop cuz my kids hate it and they are teens.  I still like stuffed animals and I am 38.  I was not worried about turning 30 and Im not worried about turning 40. Common people, its just a number. Do you really feel older the day of ur birthday then u did the day before your birthday?   I'm sure there is more but I cant think of it right now. I think normal is boring!!!

Head on over to
http://parentingwithaspergers.blogspot.com/2012/03/weird-is-new-normal.html
 see more posts about people who are "weird" and proud of it.

No comments: